Matador Eyeworks optical boutique is now Milton’s authorized Costa sunglass dealer! All Costa sunglasses are polarized for maximum glare protection. At Matador Eyeworks, Costa sunglasses are available in prescription as well.
The Costa 580 lens
Costa 580 lenses were designed by in-house light spectrum experts to enhance colors because standard sunglass lenses fell short. The lens’ multipatented technology manages light by:
Absorbing Harmful High-Energy Blue Light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- In addition to 100% protection from UV light, 580 technology also absorbs HEV light known to cause macular degeneration, pterygium, cataracts and other eye diseases
Enhancing Reds, Greens, and Blues
- Blocking harsh yellow light at 580 nm on the visible light spectrum boosts the amounts of red, greens and blues naturally, enhancing colors and contrast
Filtering Out Harsh Yellow
- For enhanced color, sharper contrast and higher definition
A molecular bond on our plastic lenses provides the most scratch-resistant and smudge-free barrier, repelling water, oil and sweat for easier cleaning.
Bayer Abrasion Test:
A 7+ rating, which beats the industry average of 3-5
Fluids bead off the lens at an angle of 116 degrees – greater than the industry standard of 105-112 degrees
- A higher contact angle keeps droplets rounder. The rounder the droplet, the easier it rolls off the lens and less likely to flatten and spread out on the lens surface
- The results is a smudge-free, easier-to-clean lens
Costa mirrors are more than an aesthetic, they put Costa on the map. Made through a high-tech beam ion deposition process, these multilayered thin film coatings make for the most scratch resistant mirrors out there. By bouncing reflected light away from the eye, they deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity. Our mirrors are available in blue, green, sunrise silver and copper silver.